The Norwood Paragon Cycling Club (NPCC) was founded in 1904 to promote and encourage all areas of cyclesport. The club has a rich history of racing both on the road and track with current emphasis on road racing, track, TTs and MTB racing.
NPCC is seeking applicants for three Development Rider Memberships, through which it will support and develop ambitious young riders by providing*:
- The cost of race entries for up to 3 years
- Access to expert coaching and race day support from successful, experienced racers amongst our membership.
- Free racing kit
- Discounts at Maison du Velo
Andy Murray, NPCC Club President, says: “We are very proud to be associated with young riders in cycling and we hope that our new Development Rider Memberships will give two ambitious junior racers the opportunity to invest fully in their passion.”
Applicants for the Development Rider Memberships will:
- Be between 18 and 23 years of age
- Hold a British Cycling racing license of at least Cat 3 status and have the potential/desire to ride at higher levels
- Commit to join NPCC as a first claim member
- Ideally be located in the proximity of Reigate or surrounding areas
- Act as an ambassador for the club, able to author blogs and share their results via social media.
How to apply
Entries to be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Please include: A full cycling CV; Personal statement to describe the aims and objectives you have for your cycling career; Details of anything you would be able to do to help promote the club; Recent images and/or video footage of you racing
Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis and an offer will be made if a suitable candidate is found.
Keep up to date with the latest news about the NPCC by ‘liking’ us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/NorwoodParagon or Twitter @norwoodparagon
For more information about the club please call tel: 07920 199355 or visit: www.norwoodparagon.co.uk
*Development Rider Membership (DRM) Terms & Conditions
- Funds of up to £500 per annum will be available to expense race entries
- Applicants must be amateur riders
- NPCC reserves the right to withdraw the status and benefits of DRM at any time if the actions of the member are deemed to have brought the club into disrepute
- Race kit will comprise 1x shorts, 1x jersey, 3x socks and 1x gilet per annum
Notes to Editors:
The club is affiliated to the National and Regional bodies for road racing and TTs and its members participate in a wide range of competition throughout the year. The Paragon has regular weekend club runs and midweek rides with the emphasis on fun as well as training. Many of our members also ride cyclosportive events both in the UK and abroad.
Tel: 07920 199355